July 25, 2019
– Guests: Alma Williams, Art Porter Music Education Board Member | Art Porter Music Education presents the 9th Annual “A Work of Art” Jazz Week 2019, July 29th-August 3rd at various venues across the city. The week of events honor the late Art Porter, Sr. and Art Porter, Jr. with a star studded line up!
- Monday, July 29 | 12 Noon | LR City Hall | APME Kickoff | Free Event
- Tuesday, Jul. 30th | 12 Noon | Riverfront Market | Minors in Music & Arkansas Artists | Free Event
- Wed., Jul. 31st | 7pm & 9pm | Ron Robinson Theater | Jerald Daemvon| Ticketed Event
- Thurs. Aug 1st | 7pm & 9pm | Mosaic Templars Cultural Center | Jazmin Ghent | Ticketed Event
- Fri., Aug. 2nd | 7pm | La’Kens at Hotel Frederica | Jazz Jam Session | Free Event
- Sat., Aug. 3rd | 8pm | Wildwood Park of the Arts, Cabe Theater | Will Downing | Ticketed Event
Purchase tickets at www.artporter.org or Lindsey’s Hospitality House in NLR. For more information, call 501-492-9120 or visit Art Porter Music on Facebook.
– Guests: Trakey Bone, Event Director for the Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church SWAG Backpack Bash | Mt Pisgah Baptist Church hosts a SWAG Back 2 School Backpack Bash, Saturday, July 27th from 11am-3pm in the churches Curtis Green Family Life Center. There will be Backpacks, school supplies, Medical Screenings, games, jump houses, Fire and School Resource personnel, food and more! This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 501-982-6212.
– Guests: Carolyn Gooley, Event Co-Chair of the 4th Annual Golden Achievers Celebration | A select group of citizens who are 80 years old and above will be honored at the 4th Annual Golden Achievers Celebration, Saturday, July 27th at 11am in the Arkansas State Capitol Rotunda. Eleven golden achievers will be recognized for their years of life, service,and dedication. Individuals were selected based upon significant impacts they have made on their families and communities. Some of the names include Fredonia Williams, Junnie Mae Straughter, Geneva McDaniel, Bennie Yeargin Davis Waller, and more. For more information, call 501-607-1796.