June 06, 2019
– Guests: Bryetta Carter, Event Host | Lupus Foundation of Arkansas in partnership with Full Counsel Metro Church hosts a Lupus Awareness Fair, Saturday, June 8th from 10am-3pm at Full Counsel Metro Church, 1700 Maple Street in North Little Rock. Attendees can hear stories and receive helpful information, visit vendors, participate in activities, register to win a air pods, and kids can enjoy free food. This event is free and open to the public. *Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs). “Chronic” means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years. For more information on the Lupus Awareness Fair, call 870-718-0074. For more information on Lupus, call 800-294-8878 or visit www.lupus-arkansas.com.
– Guests: Dr. Michelle Wright, President of the Milton P. Crenchaw Aviation Training Academy and Tammi East, Program & Special Event Coordinator | The Aviation Career Education Academy is open to students ages 14-18 with a minimum of 2.5 GPA. The one week program will be June 24th – June 28th at Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, 501 West 9th Street in Little Rock. will focus on self-esteem, science, technology, engineering arts and math skill based activities and more. Registration is $50. To register and obtain more information, call 501-492-9019 or visit www.mpcatayouth.org.
– Guests: David Cook, Public Policy Manager at the Alzheimer’s Association | June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, the Alzheimer’s Association is reinforcing the critical importance of early detection and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. This year’s campaign, “Time to Talk” is aimed at encouraging and helping families discuss cognitive concerns sooner to enable early diagnosis. Alzheimer’s Association is hosting some events this month to help raise awareness about the disease.
- Thursday, June 13th | “Healthy Living For Your Brain & Body” | 6pm-7:30pm | Sanders Library, 10200 Johnson Street in Sherwood
- Friday, June 21st | “The Longest Day”, a global movement and team events to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s disease.
To register and learn more, call 800-272-3900 or visit www.alz.org/thelongestday.