April 04, 2019
– Guests: Dr. Bala (Dr. Appathurai Balamurugan), State Chronic Disease Director & Medical Director; and Latoya Slaughter, Nurse Coordinator | The Office of Minority Health & Health disparities at the Department of Health is on a mission to increase public awareness about heart disease and stroke among African Americans & Latinos in convenient locations. The 7th Annual Arkansas Minority Barber & Beauty Shop Health Initiative will be Saturday, April 6th at various location in Little Rock and North Little Rock. There will be free blood pressure, blood sugar, & cholesterol checks. Information will be available on quitting tobacco, and healthy meals and free t-shirts will also be on hand. Attendees will have the opportunity to talk to a doctor, nurse, dietitian, & pharmacist.
Addresses & Event Times of participating location:
- AR College of Barbering & Hair Design (NLR) – 8am-3pm
- AR College of Barbering & Hair Design (LR) – 9am-3pm
- Erick’s Barber Shop (Latino) (LR) – 9am-3pm
- Fresh & Tight Styles (LR) – 9am-3pm
- Goodfellas Barbara College (LR) – 9am-3pm
- New Image (Latino) (LR) – 9am-3pm
- New Tyler Barber College (NLR) – 9am-3pm
- Velvatex College of Beauty Culture (LR) 8am-2pm
For more information, call 501-661-2282 or visit www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
– Guests: – Theresa Timmons-Shamberger, Timmons Arts Foundation; Nichelle Terry, Pearl Grey Designs; Dalun Ray, Reppin Clothing; & Oliver Michael Fitzpatrick, Ndeed Regime | 12th Annual Designers Choice Fashion Preview will be Saturday, April 6th at the Metroplex Event Center, 10800 Colonel Glenn Road in Little Rock. A VIP Red Carpet Reception will be held at 6:30pm. Doors open at 7pm for general admission, and show starts at 7:30pm. Celebrity Host will be Film and Television Star Morris Chestnut along with Fox 16’s Donna Terrell. Ticket available at www.eventbrite.com. For more information, visit Designers Choice Fashion Preview on Facebook, @_DCFP on Instagram, @DCHOICEFASHION on Twitter, or email email@example.com.
– Guests: Clinton McDonald of the NFL Oakland Raiders and Abraham Holloway, Camp Director | Light into Darkness presents the 3rd Annual Golf Scramble Tournament and Iron Sharpens Iron Football & Cheer Camp.
- 3rd Annual Golf Scramble Tournament 2019 | Friday, April 5th | 8am Shotgun start | Rebsamen Golf Course, 3400 Rebsamen Park Road | LR. For more information, call 803-468-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5th Annual “Iron Sharpens Iron” Football & Cheer Camp, | Saturday, April 6th from 7:30am-3pm at Jacksonville High School in the Jan Crow Stadium, 2400 Linda Lane in Jacksonville. Admission is FREE, but limited to 300 kids. Get there early to register on site on the day of the camp. For more information, call 501-773-0917, visit www.thelid.org or email email@example.com.