September 13, 2018
– Guests: Janice Hobson, President and Toni Foy, Asst. Treasurer of Valentine-Wooten Awareness Council | Valentine-Wooten Awareness Council presents Dick Jeter Day & Parade featuring Rixey Day, Saturday, September 15th with the parade kicking off at 10am at Mount Araratt Church, 5417 Valentine Road in North Little Rock. The annual day event begins at 11am at Dick Jeter Park, 4621 Dick Jeter Loop in North Little Rock with free food, entertainment, a bounce house for the kids, various vendors, live entertainment from Charles Woods & The Element, and fun events for the entire family. Bring your lawn chairs. For more information, call 501-773-6999 or 501-960-2763 or visit Valentine Wooten Awareness Council of Facebook.
– Guests: Dr. Sherri Diamond, board certified in Family Medicine at Little Rock Community Health Center | “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day” is a national campaign that is vital for encouraging black communities and non-black people of color to pursue preventative health measures that they might not do on their own, perhaps out of distrust in doctors or financial inability. When your loved ones put off seeing a doctor, a “tiny” health problem can become a “big health problem.” “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day” is Tuesday, September 18th. However, you can still schedule an appointment beyond that particular date. JCCSI (Jefferson Comprehensive Care System, Inc.) has locations in Little Rock and North Little Rock where you do not need health insurance to be seen. A sliding fee scale is offered for the uninsured. Walk-ins are accepted. Community Health Centers provide high quality, cost-effective health care services to everyone regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. To schedule an appointment, contact:
- Little Rock Community Health Center | 1100 North University Ave., Suite #125 | 501-663-0055 | Dr. Sherri Diamond (board certified in Family Medicine) and Keesha Brown, APRN
- North Little Rock Community Health Center | 2525 Willow Street, Suite #1 | 501-812-0225 | Dr. Marcus Crouther (board certified in Family Medicine)
– Guests: Angel Burt, Event Chair and Garbo Hearne, Event Co-Chair of the Paul Laurance Dunbar Community Festival | The Dunbar Historic Neighborhood Association presents the 4th Annual Paul Laurance Dunbar Community Festival, Saturday, September 15th from 9am-4pm at Dunbar Community Center, 1001 West 16th Street in Little Rock. This free event will be held inside and outside of the community center with food vendors, a health fair, healthy food demos, financial improvement seminars, a quiz bowl, art fair, live music, a kids zone and more! For more information, call 501-612-9698 or visit www.dunbarhna.com or like Dunbar Historic Neighborhood Association on Facebook.