July 26, 2018
-Tameka Lee, Director of Marketing & Resource Development at the Central Arkansas Library System (CALS) and Mark Gillis, Director of Books 4 Kids Literacy Program at Good Will Industries of Arkansas | CALS will conclude their Summer Reading Club (SRC) with various events planned. Since May, more than 10,000 people have registered for the SRC, making this year the most successful since 2015. The list of events include:
- Summer Reading Club participants are eligible to pick up a free general admission ticket at any CALS branch (while supplies last) for the July 26th Arkansas Travelers game vs. Tulsa Drillers.
- Saturday, July 28th from 10am-2pm at Hillary Rodham Clinton Children’s Library & Learning Center, 4800 West 10th Street in Little Rock – Celebration: Libraries Rock!, CALS partnered with Goodwill will have a day filled with musical activities and games, crafts, and a dance party.
- Monday, July 30th at 6pm at CALS Ron Robinson Theater, 100 River Market Ave. in Little Rock – SRC concludes with a free showing of The Greatest Showman (PG), sing-a-long version.
For more information, call 501-918-3000 or visit www.cals.org or follow Central Arkansas Library System on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
– Sterling Ingram, Art Porter Music Education President and Alma Williams, Board Member | Art Porter Music Education presents the 8th Annual “A Work of Art” Jazz Week 2018, July 30th-August 4th at various venues across the city. The week of events honor the late Art Porter, Sr. and Art Porter, Jr. with a star studded line up!
- Monday, July 30 | 12 Noon | LR City Hall | Minors in Music & Arkansas Artists | Free Event
- Tuesday, Jul. 31st | 12 Noon | Riverfront Park | Minors in Music & Arkansas Artists | Free Event
- Wed., Aug. 1st | 7pm & 9pm | Cajun’s Wharf | Martha Burks| Ticketed Event
- Thurs. Aug 2nd | 7pm & 9pm | Khalil’s Pub & Grill | “Sweet Lu” Olutosin | Ticketed Event
- Fri., Aug. 3rd | 7pm | 109 & Co. | Minors in Music & Arkansas Artists | Free Event
- Sat., Aug. 4th | 8pm | Wildwood Park of the Arts, Cabe Theater | Kirk Whalum | Ticketed Event
Purchase tickets at www.artporter.org or Lindsey’s Hospitality House in NLR. For more information, call 501-492-9120 or visit Art Porter Music on Facebook.
-Bishop James E. Bolden, III of Evangelistic Ministries Church | Evangelistic Ministries Church hosts the 5th SUNday FUNday, Sunday, July 29th at 10am located in their church, 101 North Elm Street in Jacksonville. The family-friendly event is free and open to the public and will feature a panel discussion with local leaders, a bounce house, laser tag, mobile gaming truck, and more! Jefferson Mobile Grilling will be selling meals on site. For more information, call 501-985-3067 or email email@example.com.