October 31, 2019
– Guests: Gwen Haniff, Phanie Wicks, and Tami East of the Milton P. Crenchaw Aviation Training Academy (MPCATA) | The original Tuskegee airman the late Milton P. Crenchaw will be honored for his life and legacy at the 10th Anniversary of the Milton P. Crenchaw Aviation Training Academy and the commemoration of his 100th Birthday, Saturday, November 9th from 7pm-9pm at Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, 501 West 9th Street in Little Rock. The night will include food, entertainment and more. For more information, visit www.mpcatayouth.org.
– Guests: Kevin Lentz, Director of Development at Arkansas School for the Deaf and Michelle Alvarez, Parent | Arkansas School for the Deaf presents the 30th Annual Silent Sunday – A Benefit Buffet, Sunday, November 3rd from 12 noon-3pm at the Statehouse Convention Center in downtown Little Rock. Dozens of the finest independent restaurants will bring their specialty items to create one of the biggest tasting buffets in Arkansas. Ticket-holders can sample from each restaurant, enjoy live entertainment, and more at this family-friendly event. Proceeds will go to the school to help fund technology programs and equipment. For ticket information and more, visit www.silentsunday.org.
– Guests: Janis Kearney, Friends of John H. Johnson Museum | Linda Rice-Johnson will be the featured speaker at two events celebrating her father, the late John H. Johnson with Arkansas’s first John H. Johnson Holiday. John Johnson was a native of Arkansas who founded Johnson Publishing Company, later publishing both Ebony and Jet Magazines. Both celebrations will be held Friday, November 1st:
- 10am | John H. Johnson Museum | 604 President Street/Courthouse Square | Arkansas City
- 5:30pm | Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, 501 West 9th Street in Little Rock.
This event is hosted by the Friends of John H. Johnson Museum. For more information, visit www.johnhjohnsonmuseum.com.